Wednesday, December 31, 2008
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
To all of you/us: Don't give up. I think my little word for 2009 may be GRATITUDE. Not sure yet, but seems like a good one. There are some great verses to go with that one.
So December is almost over, as is 2008. I like the idea of choosing photos that depict the month. I plan to go back and do the other months as well. I just finished November. I've got to get better at taking pictures when I have company! I've missed a lot of photo ops lately.
1. Mikayla's new computer obsession. Dress-up doll sites.
2. Mikayla and our neighbor friend, Samantha, playing with ice balls for my sabbatical video project.
3. Daddy on Shelly's old, totally rusted bicycle-the one she taught me to ride on. Can you believe he still has it? And he brought it from Florida to Illinois in about 1969! Isn't that 40 years ago!
4. Mik and a friend at school.
5. Place card Mik made for the Thanksgiving table.
6. Our snowy street. WTF-this much snow, cold and ice in November?
7. Christmas planner book. Do you think I was more organized? Maybe, but I didn't think so on December 23.
8. Santa with a giraffe statue I had sent to Mother one year and is now part of my Santa collection. When Mother opened it, everyone HATED it and it was a big joke from then on! I used it to decorate for Christmas the week after Thanksgiving.
9. Our shoebox of goodies sent to "a child with no toys".
Note to Susan and Val: Aren't you glad I posted Santa with the giraffe? He looks great at my house, no matter what you all think of him!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
We heard "It's what I always wanted!" so many times on Christmas morning. Had to share this little video. Mik asked Santa for a "Dancing with the Stars Barbie", but it did not exist in the real world. We told her that we didn't think Santa would be able to find one. Dave had the idea to find a doll with a lovely dancing-style dress and download a logo from the internet. When Mikayla opened the box, she exclaimed "See I told you Santa could make one!"
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
The final leg of our visit was spent (of course) in the gift shop, where we purchased what we call a "Lincoln Barbie Doll". Don't you think she needs an inspiring doll to play with and not just "da Prince" or good old Kenn (or "Kem" as she calls him)? I'm not so sure how we'll deal with it when she takes off all of Lincoln's clothes like she does all her other dolls!